Meal prepping, baking, cooking. It can all be a pain. Especially when we have busy lives. Something I have started doing in order to manage my busy mornings is make protein heavy, healthy fat, blueberry muffins to eat when I am on the go. I don’t eat them every day and yes sometimes I still pack something more “substantial” but I can count at least one day weekly where I am running out the door without any time for anything other than getting up and going.
Thats where these boys come in.
These blueberry muffins are a favorite of mine.
I originally got inspired by a recipe from my nutritionist Ellie (who is amazing) and after making them a dozen times, I put my own spin on them. These are delicious and an easy grab and go option!
What you will need:
- 3 3/4 Cups of Almond Meal
- 1 tsp baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 8 scoops collagen peptides (any will do – suggest unflavored – scoops should be smaller than a protein scoop)
- 2 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein (any will do – but prefer clean brands)
- 4 eggs
- 3 TBSP honey or maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (or butter if you have no coconut oil)
- 1Tbsp Apple cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Blueberries (fresh – unfrozen)
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1-2 Tbsp Cinnamon (to taste)
How to Make Them:
- Preheat oven 350ºF
- Line or oil 12 cups in a muffin tin (I like spray on butter / coconut oil)
- In a mixing bowl – combine all dry ingredients
- In another bowl – combine all wet ingredients
- Whisk dry ingredients into wet ingredients – eliminate any clumps
- Distribute batter into cups
- bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes (my ovens sweet spot is 22 mins for these guys)
- Make sure center of muffins are set and edges are golden brown